1) Cheap money, a low dollar, and moderate inflation.
2) Tax relief aimed at stimulating private consumption, such as a big payroll tax holiday.
3) Income support for people in need.
4) Modest and temporary subsidies to state building projects.
5) An immigration moratorium.
6) Agreement now on a plan to balance federal budget to begin only after such time as unemployment declines below 8% or the 10-year US Treasury bond goes north of 5%.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
David Frum puts forward some ideas on how to turn around the employment picture: